Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of the Year

I was looking through our family pictures to find a more recent family picture and realized that we don't have one of the whole family yet. Bummer. The picture above though technically has everyone in it, Abram and Owen were in my tummy. At least now I know we need one now.

My goodness these last couple of weeks have been busy! We love our new additions! The kids all do so well with the babies. It has been easier for me to keep things more organized because I am always up doing something. I definitely have less down time with 5 kids, but i am getting used to it. After almost two months i would have to say that the hardest part about twins is, well, having two of them. :) I know that seems weird to say. We were blessed with really good babies! They have such a good temperament. Its does become challenging when they are both crying at the same time, or are hungry at the same time. (I have not yet mastered the nursing two at a time technique.) It makes me feel bad that I can't help their every need when they want it, but I guess they are learning patience right? (I know, babies have no concept of patience, nor will they for another year or two.) I would say that by far the hardest thing is at night when one is crying and hard to get to sleep for an hour or two, and then when he finally goes to bed the other one starts the same thing. It's pretty funny how they are truly on their own schedule. Ones crying doesn't wake up the other. I do love though that they have different wake times during the day. I get to play with each of the individually and I have so much fun with it!
For the holidays we put the twins in stockings and took pictures. I thought it would be super cute but it just ended up looking goofy. The boys were SO small compared to their stockings, it was just a little bit ridiculous!
With the new year I look forward to many memories with family and friends! Here's to an amazing 2011!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The stockings don't look ridiculous at all!!!! So precious and adorable!! Oh my goodness. It seems like you are doing well. Are you getting any sleep at all? Can't wait to see all of you!

Elisafaith13 said...

I wish I could have thought about a STOCKING pic when Jason was born Dec 29th 1979...PRECIOUS!!!! Thanks for this entire blog...IT IS AWESOME...just like the whole family....I miss my grandbabies!!!!!!!!!!! AND I miss you and Ryan C TOO!
HUGS!
Elisa