Sunday, November 14, 2010

First 4 Days at Home

We all came home from the hospital on Thursday, and things couldn't be better! Ry and I are having so much fun with these little cuties! The kids want to help out a little too much sometimes, and they are not really liking the boundaries we are setting for them. They do eventually accept them because they want to be close to the babies. The first time Ty held one of the babies since we arrived home he said quietly, "I love you! My name is Tyler." It was so cute! Then he said, "He knows me now mom."
I have heard tons of stories about twins that the first few months are crazy and you never get any sleep and it all just becomes a big blur. I actually feel quite the opposite, granted I have only been home for 4 days. I am having the time of my life with my new little family! Sure it is hard work and I do have help from my family, but what family isn't hard work. I just can't get enough of the two new sweet little boys that are new to our family! I love how much they look alike, but how their personalities are different. We don't get too much sleep, but being pregnant with twins, sleep was something that you just heard about and never believed could ever happen. So even a little bit of sleep is better than none at all.
Hanna is quite the little mommy! She tries to make sure that they have their blankets and everything else that they might need. Any noise that they make Tyler is there right away to make sure they are okay. When they make little noises, Ty looks at me and says, what did he say? It is really funny! Ethan likes to look at them but that is about it. He is not very interested in the babies, but he likes them because he can get away with more things while we are busy with the babies.
To help them gain weight a little faster, I am breastfeeding them, then pumping and giving them a bottle of my milk right after. They have been gaining weight well and are doing amazing!
We are in for a ton of fun at our house for many years to come!

4 comments:

Candis said...

I love the interaction between the kids and the babies... they sound like they are going to have a lot of fun together. They are such good looking babies! I'm glad you are feeling well!

Ragen & Kelsi Darrington Family: said...

Looks like you are havinf fun! Thanks for the comment about my dad. Things are going well, sounds like the same for you.

Marissa said...

They are so cute! Congrats on the new arrivals!

Robyn Baird said...

Congrats Kali! They are super cute and we can't wait to meet them. Probably not for a while but one of these days. ;)