Thursday, October 7, 2010

September Happenings

Boy it has been a crazy month! Two of my kids starting school, both of my Grandma's die within a week of each other, me getting very largo, and getting a bigger car. It seems overwhelming but it has been such a blast! The boys LOVE school! I love that the bus comes and picks them up from our house. Saves me a lot of sleep in the morning (which I can't live without, or be sane without for that matter.) The boys now share a room and it took about a month, but they go to bed pretty fast now. Ethan loves that he gets to be in a big boy bed. They play better together now too, its nice. Everyone has seemed to grow up a little bit, just in time for the new arrivals. I have also loved spending more one on one time with Hanna too! She is such a fireball! She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, and cuddling with me, her baby, and of course, naturally, a purse. I love that I got at least one girl to love! She sure is a sweetie! She let Ry put her hair in curlers the other day and this was the outcome: It seriously looks like she is wearing a wig! I keep dreaming of the day that I can bend over easily, roll over in bed easily, run, and play outside with my kids. I feel a little trapped in my body, but definitely glad that the twins are staying in! I am almost 34 weeks which is awesome! (Along with my size) Anyhow, my goal for the boys is to stay in as long as possible with them to not have to be in the NICU. I've had enough of NICU's to last a lifetime! We still do not have names picked out. I have NO idea what we are going to name them. Lets hope we find a cute name by the time they get here. Any Suggestions?
Ryan is being such a good sport with this pregnancy! You think that being pregnant with one baby is hard, emotional and limiting physically, and then you get pregnant with twins. He is a saint! Lets just say that I am not the easiest person to live with on a day to day basis when I am pregnant. He has joined our local gyms "The biggest loser," and is doing really well! It ends the day before Thanksgiving, lucky him!! He is a stud and will do well, I know it!
My sister just found out this month also that she is pregnant with twins too! My poor mother! No, it is really exciting! I can't wait to find out what she is having.
All craziness aside, I have really been enjoying this month with my little family! All of the little special moments that we get to share together means so much to me! Whether its giving Hanna "oatmilk" for breakfast, or letting Ethan talk to his "guncle Seth," or having ty tell us that he just "tooted" out of his mouth. There is never a dull moment! Oh, Hanna threw up a few weeks ago and I was talking to her about it and how she wasn't feeling good and she said, "Yea, I poop out of my mouth." So Hilarious!!
I have been busy trying to bust out as many quilting projects as I can before I turn into a zombie milking machine. I finished my moms quilts finally (I've been working on it for 3 years). Chloe's baby quilt and James's. Its nice to get things done. Now if I could only finish Ryan's applecore quilt that he has been dying for me to make him. Maybe I can get it done by Christmas, if he is on Santa's good list, we will have to see!
We tried on options for Halloween and here were the winners. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo Happy to hear you are alive and well. Although I have never had twins I know the feeling of being trapped inside your pregnant body. Our little new arrival is already 6 weeks old, but I remember like it was yesterday being stuck inside the pregnant body. Can't wait to see the babies and hear what names you have chosen!

Laura Later-Smith said...

I love this post Kali! I love the photos and your telling us all about the kids and being a mom and loving each moment. We are all so excited for the twins to arrive! Thank you for sharing with us. Love you!

Skylette said...

Haha, I LOVE Hanna's bouffant hair! LOL, and I have YET to see you prego with these twinners you have in there. Maybe we can hang soon... :)

Charlotte said...

I can't get over the fact that Ryan put her hair in curlers. I think his uncle would pass out if I even suggested he try!

Also, you could always go with Joseph and Matthew. Then we would have all the same boy names in our families. :)

Marissa said...

Kali! You have 3 kids and two on the way!? How exciting! I hope all is well. :)

Candis said...

When I showed Deven the picture of Ryan putting Hanna's hair in curlers he casually said "Ryan was always doing stuff like that". Oh, these brothers.

Candis said...

P.S. I hope the next post has some cute baby boys in it!!!