Saturday, August 22, 2009

Picture Day and Random Thoughts

We took the kids to get pictures today, and we are lucky we got any good pictures! Ethan cried all morning, and didn't want to smile or cooperate at the portrait studio. Ty was just being such a goof ball! He took one picture with his jaw stuck out, yea, really handsome! When he questions my pictures of him when he is 20 and says, "Why didn't you get a better picture of me?" I will simply tell him that that was the best picture and yes I am still a little annoyed about it! :) Hanna did pretty good, except she did not want to sit still which is not ideal for a photo shoot. In their group photo it was so hard to get them to cooperate that the only decent picture is of them all just simply looking in the direction of the camera. No smiles, just looks.
Those three have been keeping me on my toes lately! I am learning that it is quite impossible to have your house spotless with three kids 3 and under. It feels like I am playing catch-up all day long! With school done for me and school starting for Ty, I think that I will be able to start making some good headway in the housework department.
On Monday I leave for New York with my sister in law Leah to visit my brother Seth. I am so excited! I will be gone for 6 days, count them 6! No kids, just fun! I am sad to be without Ryan though, I hope that he survives with all of the kids! Don't worry, he will get even! He goes to Dallas for the BYU football game over Labor Day weekend.
Tyler is starting to say the funniest things! I wish that I had a video camera on him all day like with a reality show.He is just starting to get grammatically correct, and so I just don't expect the things he says. For instance, I will ask him is he wants something and he will say yes and then say,"well, actually. . . " He is also joking around now to, he makes me laugh and I love it!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

6 day kid free vacation? I am drooling with envy!! Peter is going to the BYU game over labor day, too, but I have yet to plan any alone time for myself.

Court and Brade said...

i love the little sweater you made for your daughter.. so cute!!!!

The Thatchers said...

Can't wait to see the family pictures!!

Julie Liljenquist said...

New York sounds like it will be so fun! You are one busy lady. Make sure you post those family photos - they sound awesome.

The Laters said...

Lisa and Julie - The pics are coming soon, no worries.